Saturday 14 September 2013

Library, Agendas and Reading!

Library
Our class will be going to the library every Tuesday right before lunch time. Students will be allowed to take out 2 books and can return them anytime throughout the week. I love the enthusiasm this second grade class has for books!
Agendas
Please make sure you are checking and signing your child's agenda every night. Other than e-mail it really is the best form of communication as I check their agendas every morning and will try my best to answer any questions you may have. We are working on what to and not to write in our agendas as some students who have not finished their work in class will have that for homework and another child who has finished it will not. A great indicator would be that front pocket, we have been talking a lot about responsibility lately in class and how at the end of the day every student needs to make sure their homework is in that front pocket ready to go!


Reading
I am so impressed with all of the fabulous books my second graders are reading when completing their nightly reading journals! I LOVE reading their little blurbs along with any words of encouragement and comments from parents! Keep up all the hard work! If your child is unable to do their reading that night please write me a little note, I know sometimes life happens. I do; however, keep track of students who do not complete their homework so a note in the reading journal or agenda would help me keep track of not completing homework versus being unable to complete it for a specific reason.
**Spelling words are up on the LA section! Don't forget there is no school this coming Friday so our final test will be on the Thursday!